Solid fill (HATCH) color

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Krischu
Premier Member

Solid fill (HATCH) color

Post by Krischu » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:03 pm

I'm stumbling across the following: I have some circles I want to fill with different colors.

There doesn't seem to be a way to modify the white square which is shown in the solid hatch dialog, although I would find it very
intuitive, if one could right click on the (quite huge) white square and get a color chooser. Or even better, if the color chooser would appear right away.

Instead I read somewhere that the solid fill color is taken from the color of the layer the item is in. Huh? WOuld I have to create 10 layers if I want 10 circles with 10 different colors?

Or am I overlooking the obvious?

--
Christoph

Ah, yes: QCAD Pro 3.25.2.0
--
Christoph

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Solid fill (HATCH) color

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:13 pm

Like all other entities, hatches and solid fills inherit their color by layer by default.

Of course you can set the color to any fixed color using the property editor or by upfront changing the current color using the Pen toolbar (View > Toolbars and Widgets > Toolbars > Pen).

Krischu
Premier Member

Post by Krischu » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:09 pm

Thanks. I managed that to work.

Given a circle already exists (color white).
I define a new color from the chooser, that then is assigned to the the "Custom" in the color property (property editor)
When I want to choose that color in the pen toolbox widget it is not listed. How can I now choose exactly that color for the solid hatch?
--
Christoph

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:03 pm

You'd first select the circle(s) and hatch(es), then set its / their color using the property editor.

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”