Block, display and speed problems

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

fkirim

Block, display and speed problems

Post by fkirim » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:53 am

Hi there,

Recently I have purchase Qcad 3.25.2.0 (3.25.2). I am using windows 10 64 bit.

I have 3 questions.

1-When I upload my dwg drawings they come with some lighting fixture blocks. These blocks in Layer "0" and Layer "Fluofittings". Originally all these blocks has been designed in Layer "0" and then we are uploding the system is also coming in Layer "Fluofittings". My question is there any way changing all the blocks attribute in one go and putting them in Layer "Fluofittings". So when I turn the Layer "0" off all the lighting fixture wont disappear. As I read in the forum, you can change the blocks entity one by one in block list but i have more than 400 blocks in every floor and i do not have time to do this. All I want to do is select all the blocks in same layer.
Edit: See topic "Selecting all blocks on a layer".

2-My second question is display problem. When i am using anti aliasing view all the fittings looks in one piece but the view is very faded. The screen is not bright enough. When I am using Screen based Linetypes (NL) the screen brightness is perfect but i cannot see the blocks in one piece (they are dashed). So how can I solve this screen brightness problem?
Edit: See topic "Display faded"

3- My 3rd question about the speed of the program. When i am moving around the layers (turning them on/off the program works so slowly) literally I am waiting 30 sec around the program catch up my commands. Would you pls inform me how can i make the program quicker?
Edit: See topic "Performance when switching layers"

I will really appreaciate your quick answer.

Kind Regards,

Filiz Kirim
Attachments
1.dwg
(11.04 MiB) Downloaded 311 times

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Block, display and speed problems

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:55 am

Please post one single question per topic, thanks.

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:00 pm

Hi,
I downloaded the file ... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Fully at random:
F-0-1 (4 lines) are 77 polylines
F-1-0 (squared lightfixture?) are 799 polylines
W-85-0 (a simple door: 4 lines + 1 arc) are 64 polylines
GFF-16-6 (4 circles) are 255 polylines

Misc .. Block .. Export List
There are 1055 of such Block definitions in the file.
There is also a Block called 'St Aldhelms - Ground Floor' that holds everthing again and simply isn't used ...
The rest are used only once.

Bad practice.
I deleted the file. Sorry. :cry:

Regards,
CVH

fkirim

Post by fkirim » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:41 pm

Hi CVH,

I have attached original drawing this time. BUTTT my questions is same.When I upload my dwg drawings they come with some lighting fixture blocks. These blocks in Layer "0" and Layer "Fluofittings". Originally all these blocks has been designed in Layer "0" and then we are uploding the system is also coming in Layer "Fluofittings". My question is there any way changing all the blocks attribute in one go and putting them in Layer "Fluofittings". So when I turn the Layer "0" off all the lighting fixture wont disappear. As I read in the forum, you can change the blocks entity one by one in block list but i have more than 400 blocks in every floor and i do not have time to do this. All I want to do is select all the blocks in same layer.

Would you kindly please answer this.
Attachments
1.dwg
(5.14 MiB) Downloaded 317 times

fkirim

Post by fkirim » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:43 pm

Hi CVH,

Also, When i am using anti aliasing view all the fittings looks in one piece but the view is very faded. The screen is not bright enough. When I am using Screen based Linetypes (NL) the screen brightness is perfect but i cannot see the blocks in one piece (they are dashed). So how can I solve this screen brightness problem?

fkirim

Post by fkirim » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:45 pm

Hi CVH,

Another question about the speed of the program. When i am moving around the layers (turning them on/off the program works so slowly) literally I am waiting 30 sec around the program catch up my commands. Would you pls inform me how can i make the program quicker? Same goes when I open 2 dwg programs togerther. If i navigate to 1 dwg to opther one takes for a while. I have very powerfull computer, and I never had this problem neither Autocad nor Draftsite. Could you please help me how can i make the program quicker?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:18 pm

fkirim: So, the idea of a forum is that you head to the appropriate forum (e.g. viewforum.php?f=32) and click on "New Topic" for each and every new, unrelated question. Every separate question can then be discussed in one topic and can be easily found later. I hope that makes sense.

fkirim

Post by fkirim » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:52 am

I understand Andrew. Still, is there any answer of my block related question? I am new in your program and it is not other Cad programs i used. Visibility issue, speed issue. I need to sort these problems out otherwise i am wasting my project finish deadline! Please help.

Kind Regards,

Filiz

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am

I've split this topic into three separate ones at:

Selecting all blocks on a layer
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7770

Display faded
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7771

Performance when switching layers
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=7772

I'll lock this topic as this is becoming messy real quick.

Which block question did you mean? The one about selecting or the one about "cannot see the blocks in one piece"?

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”