Create polyline from a series of arcs.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

akschu
Newbie Member

Create polyline from a series of arcs.

Post by akschu » Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:53 pm

I can't for the life of me figure out how to create a single polyline from a series of 6 arcs. I need to combine the arcs so that I can create equally spaced points across them. Like this: https://qcad.org/rsforum/viewtopic.php?t=3126

The problem is that if I select all 6 of my arcs then click "Polyline from selection (oc)" I get 6 polylines not one polyline with 6 segments. I've tried adding the arc as a node, but for whatever reason I just can't figure out how to create a single polyline from 6 arcs that are connected.

If someone could spell it out slowly that would really help me!

Thanks,
schu

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Create polyline from a series of arcs.

Post by andrew » Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:43 pm

akschu wrote:
Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:53 pm
The problem is that if I select all 6 of my arcs then click "Polyline from selection (oc)" I get 6 polylines not one polyline with 6 segments.
This means the arcs are not connected. There are gaps between them. Please use a trim tool first to trim them properly to each other.

If you can't solve it, please:
- Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
- Attach Drawing files, Screenshots

akschu
Newbie Member

Re: Create polyline from a series of arcs.

Post by akschu » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:04 pm

That was the issue. I created an arc parallel to another arc, and while they looked like the were connected, they weren't. Some were overlapping and needed to be trimmed, others were not long enough and needed additional lines. Once I connected everything, I was able to make a single polyline.

Thanks!

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”