[Solved] Layout Block View Size, Borders, & Point Size

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

ryancousins
Premier Member

[Solved] Layout Block View Size, Borders, & Point Size

Post by ryancousins » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 am

Hello,

I'm running 3.24.3 on MacOS 10.15.3.

My first question is regarding the size of the paper when I first switch from the model space to the paper space in a new file. As you can see from the attached screenshot, the paper is very tiny. It's not a big deal to quickly zoom up, but I'm just wondering if there was a preference I had set that may be causing this. BTW: I have chosen ANSI A Landscape in Application Preferences > Printing - Page. I also have "Auto-zoom on load" checked. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the zoom level on the paper space layout block.

My second question: Is there a way to change the blue border margin size? I can't seem to find a way to change it from 1/2" margin from the outside of the paper all around. I usually use a .3" margin but I'd like to be able to change it depending on the situation or printer I'm using. I know I can choose to not show the paper outside of this border, but that isn't what I'm looking for. I'd actually like to change the margins of this blue border or I guess just turn it off if I can't change it.

My third question: While messing around trying to solve question 2, I noticed under Application Preferences > Printing - Page > Miscellaneous, there is an option called "Point Size (mm)". I'm just curious what this does. My first thought was it was how I could change the margins since it's directly below the "show paper border" option but that didn't seem to be it but now I'm wondering what it actually does. I added some points to my drawing to see if it affected the size of those but it didn't seem to do anything.

Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 10.15.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-18 at 10.15.25 PM.png (1.14 MiB) Viewed 2922 times
Last edited by ryancousins on Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Layout Block View Size, Borders, & Point Size

Post by Husky » Thu Mar 19, 2020 6:13 am

Hello - welcome to the QCAD forum.
ryancousins wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 am

My first question is regarding the size of the paper when I first switch from the model space to the paper space in a new file. As you can see from the attached screenshot, the paper is very tiny. It's not a big deal to quickly zoom up, but I'm just wondering if there was a preference I had set that may be causing this. BTW: I have chosen ANSI A Landscape in Application Preferences > Printing - Page. I also have "Auto-zoom on load" checked. I'm not sure if that has anything to do with the zoom level on the paper space layout block.
Yes, you are right - that should zoom to the page if no entity is present. I'll file a feature request ... :wink:
Note to "Auto-zoom on load": This refers to all existing entities in a drawing - not to the page.

Properly the fastest workaround would be to use "Auto Zoom to Page" in the Preview option bar:

Husky-2020.03.18-05.png
Husky-2020.03.18-05.png (17.56 KiB) Viewed 2912 times
ryancousins wrote:
Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:38 am
My second question: Is there a way to change the blue border margin size? I can't seem to find a way to change it from 1/2" margin from the outside of the paper all around. I usually use a .3" margin but I'd like to be able to change it depending on the situation or printer I'm using. I know I can choose to not show the paper outside of this border, but that isn't what I'm looking for. I'd actually like to change the margins of this blue border or I guess just turn it off if I can't change it.
The blue border indicates Glue Margins for multiple page printing. You can change that below:

Husky-2020.03.18-04.png
Husky-2020.03.18-04.png (94.45 KiB) Viewed 2912 times

I'll move this topic from the Chat section to the "QCAD 'How Do I' Questions" section.
To keep this forum easily searchable please open for every unrelated question a new topic. Thanks.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

ryancousins
Premier Member

Re: Layout Block View Size, Borders, & Point Size

Post by ryancousins » Fri Mar 20, 2020 10:58 pm

Thank you for the info!

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”