Editing Text within an Inserted Block

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

PiperPilotJohn

Editing Text within an Inserted Block

Post by PiperPilotJohn » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:23 pm

I have some old blocks that were created in AutoCAD many years ago. They insert perfectly. Many of these blocks have multiple text fields within them that are designed to be edited after being inserted into a drawing. The text in these old AutoCAD blocks, when inserted, can each be individually edited when I double-click on the text field. I'm now trying to create some new, similar blocks within QCAD, but I can't seem to set the attributes correctly so that the text can be edited after being inserted into a drawing. The only way I can edit the text is by exploding the block.

Is there a tutorial or a set of instructions on how to do this? I've looked through the online manual but can't seem to find the proper section.

Thanks.
John

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Editing Text within an Inserted Block

Post by Husky » Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:59 pm

Have you seen this?

Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

PiperPilotJohn

Post by PiperPilotJohn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 2:47 am

In fact, yes, I watched it a couple of times thinking that this was the tutorial I needed. But it didn't solve my problem, unfortunately. I guess I should watch it again!

John
John

PiperPilotJohn

Post by PiperPilotJohn » Sun Feb 23, 2020 5:33 am

Ok - I've got it figured out now. I was trying to modify an existing text element into an editable block attribute. Creating a new text element using Block/Attributes/Define Block Attribute made it editable after inserting it in the drawing. I guess watching the tutorial video for the 4th time finally got it all to sink in! Thanks.

John
John

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”