saving to library all blocks in a file

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules
Always indicate Operating system, QCAD version
Attach Drawing files, Screenshots
Post one question per topic.
dfriasb

saving to library all blocks in a file

Post by dfriasb » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:08 pm

Hello all,

Is there any fast way to save into library (like independent dxf files) all blocks in a drawing?
And what about the opposite way? Is it possible to insert into a drawing multiple block files (from library folder, or whatever) in order to update all these blocks?
I use B,T command to save to library; and I also use the Library Browser to insert blocks one by one, but this operations can take a lot time when number of blocks is high.

Let's say I'm working on a file containing a ground floor plan with a lot of doors&windows types. I'm modifying some of these doors and windows, and I want to update this changes into another file containing the typical floor plan of the same building. This can happen even with more than two drawings (like different floor plans, for example).
One solution would be to work with one unique file for all floor plans, but this have limitations on users and computer performance.
Any other solutions?

Thanks in advance. Best regards,

David Frías
David Frías Barranco | architect
[email protected] | davidfriasarquitecto.es

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: saving to library all blocks in a file

Post by Husky » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:49 pm

Hello David,
dfriasb wrote:Is there any fast way to save into library (like independent dxf files) all blocks in a drawing?
No.
dfriasb wrote:Is it possible to insert into a drawing multiple block files (from library folder, or whatever) in order to update all these blocks?
Yes, you can use Templates, Library, Import or even copy/paste functions.
dfriasb wrote:Let's say I'm working on a file containing a ground floor plan with a lot of doors&windows types. I'm modifying some of these doors and windows, and I want to update this changes into another file containing the typical floor plan of the same building. This can happen even with more than two drawings (like different floor plans, for example).
To circle the possibility's a little bit in - will this modification lead to a replacement of the already existing window/door and has to be replaced in other drawings ...
... or will that lead to a additional new typ of window / door which can be used in new or modified drawings?

dfriasb wrote: One solution would be to work with one unique file for all floor plans, but this have limitations on users and computer performance.
About how many window/door types we are actually talking?
The users are working with an intranet?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro

If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title...". Thanks!

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”