Dimensioning

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Mr Confused

Dimensioning

Post by Mr Confused » Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:53 am

It appears there is only one default setting for dimension location and position?
Is it possible to adjust default settings to align dimension values: above, below, between, the line? horizontal or Vertical position? near extension line left or right, centred?
I don't seem to be able to find any defaults for setting these.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Dimensioning

Post by andrew » Tue Mar 29, 2016 7:20 am

Mr Confused wrote:Is it possible to adjust default settings to align dimension values: above, below, between, the line? horizontal or Vertical position? near extension line left or right, centred?
No, this is currently not possible in QCAD.

Please note that you are posting into the dxflib forum. You can find an overview of all forums at:
http://www.qcad.org/rsforum/

I will move your topic to the correct forum.

DP-SanDiego
Newbie Member

Post by DP-SanDiego » Mon Apr 18, 2016 5:42 pm

I had more or less the same question.... The only workaround I have found is to "explode" the dimension, and then rotate the text as a standalone entity. .. .but then the linking aspects of the dimension are gone, and if you edit the drawing, you have re-dimension those "special" cases. is there a better way?

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:27 pm

DP-SanDiego wrote:I had more or less the same question.... The only workaround I have found is to "explode" the dimension, and then rotate the text as a standalone entity. .. .but then the linking aspects of the dimension are gone, and if you edit the drawing, you have re-dimension those "special" cases. is there a better way?
Yes and no. As Andrew already said there is currently not many possibility's to change the location/position based on the settings. But IMO that's only a cosmetic question. Yes, I would also like to have a dimension between the lines or an automatic rotation but at least I'm able to manipulate the position of the Number in my drawing ...

Maybe you like to try this:
Select the dimension and you will see highlighted the reference points,
catch the number with the mouse at the number reference point and drag it to an more adequate position.
Husky-2016.04.18-01.png
Husky-2016.04.18-01.png (2.92 KiB) Viewed 23692 times
Husky-2016.04.18-02.png
Husky-2016.04.18-02.png (3.92 KiB) Viewed 23692 times
Husky-2016.04.18-03.png
Husky-2016.04.18-03.png (1.59 KiB) Viewed 23692 times
Benefit on this is that the dimension will keep it function as a dimension - I would only recommend to explode a dim in an exceptional situation.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”