possible enchancement - cumulative point to point distances

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

platinumshore

possible enchancement - cumulative point to point distances

Post by platinumshore » Thu Jun 16, 2022 7:46 am

Hi, I think this may have been mentioned along time ago, but as it keeps coming up when i use qcad pro for distances, would like to add it again as a possible future enhancement. How difficult would it be to add on the information menu side i function for CUMULATIVE distances, point to point, not just as a single point to point pair ? In other words, you select a single point or element as the starting point, then select another point/element, calculates distance (as it does now),but then select another point, and so on, and it calculates the total distance of a range of points - chiefly use for route distances, at the moment you can do pairs, but when selecting the next pair, you have to set the origin to the last position of the previous pair, gets tricky and painful to do when trying to find the cumulative distance of say 20 or more points.Would be great if such a function was added, alternatively is there a script plugin that could do it.. i did make a plugin once on a much older version of qcad, but then it stopped working and couldn't get it to work again.

Cheers.

andrew
Site Admin

Re: possible enchancement - cumulative point to point distances

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:58 am

May I suggest to simply draw a polyline, then select it to read its measurement in the property editor? Perhaps do this on a dedicated layer and even keep it in your drawing for future reference.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”