Hatching suggetions

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Panchdara
Premier Member

Hatching suggetions

Post by Panchdara » Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm

Hatching suggestions: based on recent musings and playing...

1) Hatch dialog: add "Origin" options. 2 mutually exclusive options can be available: 1a) Specific origin absolute X,Y and 1b) Center of Selection (based on selection extremities) with option of relative to center of selection @X,Y.

second, in addition to 1) above
2) Inversion of sections to be hatched - ONLY when selections overlap and only areas that are bounded.

Just a suggestion here and they make sense and can be defined in the Drawing Specification/Definition (?).
Best

edit: working a little further on this, have Origin options: Center, MiddleTop, TopLeft, MiddleLeft, BottomLeft, BottomMiddle, BottomRight, MiddleRight, TopRight of the selection, along with a userdefined Origin point (including relative position), all mutually exclusive.

BUG??? Interface issue: Entity(ies) Property dialog. TAB key does not place focus on next field. When in the property dialog the TAB key should place focus on next input field - rolling to first if tabbing from last field.
Windows 10

CVH
Premier Member

Re: Hatching suggetions

Post by CVH » Mon Dec 14, 2020 2:45 pm

hi,

I think you might want to file a feature request for that ... those. :wink:
You have a point when you want to keep the origin of a hatch rather close by standard.
Something I did mention rather often in the past.

Not all the same:
One uses slight differences to match/align hatches at their mutual boundary too.

Regards,
CVH

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Sun Dec 20, 2020 7:50 am

Panchdara wrote:
Sun Mar 01, 2020 12:06 pm
BUG??? Interface issue: Entity(ies) Property dialog. TAB key does not place focus on next field. When in the property dialog the TAB key should place focus on next input field - rolling to first if tabbing from last field.
Yes and no.
It is called the Property Editor Widget, a dialog is something different but in fact also a widget.
Once you selected an entry field of the Property Editor, the TAB is functional somehow.
Floating differs from docked.

Docked:
It doesn't roll back.
It doesn't step from General to Specific Properties
It doesn't stay in the Property Editor.
... TAB on the command line is new to me. :wink: :roll:

You could report this ... :wink:

Regards,
CVH

Panchdara
Premier Member

Post by Panchdara » Sun Dec 20, 2020 10:00 am

Thanks CVH. I'll try and organize my thoughts on the Property Widget thing... HOWEVER, here's one for you, and I'm sure this is a bug (albeit a "forced" bug)

1) New drawing.
2) Dock Properties on right
3) Create circle/line/rectangle(polyline)
4) Select circle/line/rectangle
5) Go to properties and tab from Linetype Scale to Handle and then tab out somewhere (where I don't know???)
6) Place cursor in Specific Properties (Vertex for rectangle - polyline) and press tab a few times, say 10 or 20 times(?).....
7) Look in Command History box, fills with all the commands on each further tab press.

I have a 25mb .wmv file (very big) that shows this.

Weird.

(But I really like this application! QCAD is a real fun application to use)

And, Ideally this should be moved to a new thread.

Best
edit: oooops! 3.25.2.7 - edit-spelling/terminolgy corrections
Attachments
Qcad-Tabs-1.zip
(6.79 MiB) Downloaded 458 times
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”