Not sure about which is the general intent of the symbol effect for sub layer

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Not sure about which is the general intent of the symbol effect for sub layer

Post by Husky » Wed Nov 13, 2019 7:28 pm

Hi,

I am not sure if all the symbols in a parent layer should have the same effect on the sub layer.

Case:

Husky-2019.11.13-01.png
Husky-2019.11.13-01.png (16.89 KiB) Viewed 4232 times

In the Layer List, if I click on a Parent layer symbol for Toggle plottable, Toggle frozen, Toggle lock it will effect all sub layer in the same way.

If I click on Toggle visibility it will only effect the parent layer. I would expect it toggles also all sub layer.

Is that intended behavior?
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Not sure about which is the general intent of the symbol effect for sub layer

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:40 pm

Yes, this is intended. Freeze affects the whole hierarchy, visibility does not. This is not strictly logical but in line with freeze vs. visibility for blocks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Not sure about which is the general intent of the symbol effect for sub layer

Post by Husky » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:26 pm

Ok - I see. Thanks for clarification.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Nov 13, 2019 9:43 pm

BTW: there's only that distinction if the frozen column is shown. Otherwise, if "Switching off means freeze" is on, making a layer invisible also freezes it which freezes the whole hierarchy.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Post by Panchdara » Thu Nov 14, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi. Again, on a parallel, should a sub layer happen to be locked and the parent layer be collapsed (so that locked sub layer not seen in the layers panel) then can some indication that one or more sub layers are locked be shown in the parent layer? Like wise recursively if sub layers under sub layers are locked? I think it's not as important if the sub layer is hidden and the parent layer does not indicate that it is hidden, but if the sub layer is visible and locked and the parent layer collapsed then it might be helpful?

Thanks much.
Best
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”