Hatch from segments tool

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

J-J

Hatch from segments tool

Post by J-J » Tue Dec 20, 2016 7:20 pm

The "Hatch from segments" tool is really handy, I'm sure it is the tool everyone has always wanted for hatching. Thanks Andrew, really nice work :D
JJ Win7 pro-64

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Hatch from segments tool

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:06 am

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback!

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:20 am

Yes, and a big thank you from me, I have been wanting this tool for a long time, well worth the wait :D
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 21, 2016 9:25 am

You're welcome Clive and thanks for your testing and feedback a few weeks back!

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:23 am

Yes Andrew, nice work and very helpful,
but why is the tool selection mark different to the normal selection mark described in the application preferences?

Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:33 am

TSG wrote:but why is the tool selection mark different to the normal selection mark described in the application preferences?
Note that this tool is not selecting entities. It is highlighting entity segments which are later used as hatch boundary.

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Wed Dec 21, 2016 11:55 am

Note that this tool is not selecting entities. It is highlighting entity segments which are later used as hatch boundary.
You're right and I understand the difference but for me the highlighting (in red) of this tool is hard to recognize due to my dyschromatopsia :cry: .
Therefore I would appreciate the possibility to determine this highlighting in the application preferences for instance.

Thomas
Ich will nicht streiten. Ich will nur deutlich machen, dass ich Recht habe und DU NICHT.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:32 pm

Sorry to hear that. I've changed this to use the selection color to highlight the segments for the hatch from segments tool.

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Mon Dec 26, 2016 12:06 pm

Hi everybody,

first of all I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

I love the new hatch from segments tool. Very nice and easy to use. But now I got a problem with it.
I draw a circle with a square in it. Then I want to hatch the area between the circle and the square with the hatch from segments tool. And .... everything works perfect.

But if I try the same with another circle instead of the square (circle in circle) the hatch from segments tool fails.
What goes wrong here?

Thanks for your help

Thomas

PS: I know that I can use the hatch from selection tool which works fine for this task.

J-J

Post by J-J » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:06 pm

Hello TSG,
Best wishes to you also with lots of QCAD projects.
But if I try the same with another circle instead of the square (circle in circle) the hatch from segments tool fails.
That does not seem too illogical to me as a circle has no end. Try breaking the inside circle in one point and the tool will work :wink:
JJ Win7 pro-64

TSG
Premier Member

Post by TSG » Mon Dec 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Hi J-J

thanks for your reply.
Does an entity really needs an end to work properly with the hatch from segments tool?
If so an ellipse in a circle shouldn't work either ... but it does.

Thomas

J-J

Post by J-J » Mon Dec 26, 2016 2:14 pm

OK, may be the ellipse has a different structure, Andrew may have an answer. Interesting, one learns everyday! e_confused
JJ Win7 pro-64

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Post by Husky » Mon Dec 26, 2016 5:50 pm

Merry Christmas to you too!
TSG wrote:But if I try the same with another circle instead of the square (circle in circle) the hatch from segments tool fails.
What goes wrong here?
There is an upcoming Bug fixes (FS#1517) for the next release - maybe this problem is already fixed.
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:04 am

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:00 pm

TSG wrote:You're right and I understand the difference but for me the highlighting (in red) of this tool is hard to recognize due to my dyschromatopsia :cry: .
Therefore I would appreciate the possibility to determine this highlighting in the application preferences for instance.
QCAD 3.16.3 has been released and the hatch from segments tool now uses the configured selection color to highlight segments.

Return to “QCAD Suggestions and Feedback”