Window drag select multiple vertices and edges

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

gilliss
Newbie Member

Window drag select multiple vertices and edges

Post by gilliss » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:17 pm

To me the expected behavior of using "select window" over a portion of my drawing would be to select all of the lines *and vertices* selected in the drag-over box, such that I can move all of them together, changing the shape of those lines (or the diameter of those circles) for which I've only selected one vertex.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:21 pm

Reference points (vertices) cannot be selected individually at this point in QCAD.

Note that the "Modify" - "Stretch" tool does something very similar (move all entities and end points within a given rectangular area).

gilliss
Newbie Member

Post by gilliss » Wed Aug 25, 2010 1:29 am

Thank you for pointing that out. I guess the only problem is I can't hold down the shift key to select multiple regions before stretching.

kasper

Post by kasper » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:11 pm

Maybe you have to explain it once more? I can select several regions after one another and hold the shift key. The behavior is ok; everything is selected correctly.

gilliss
Newbie Member

Post by gilliss » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:46 pm

kasper wrote:Maybe you have to explain it once more? I can select several regions after one another and hold the shift key. The behavior is ok; everything is selected correctly.
I'm talking about the stretch command. When I execute it from the menu or the button, regardless of what I already have selected, it prompts in the following order:

1) Specify first corner -- where you click on the drawing defines one corner of the selection box
2) Specify second corner -- click to define the opposite corner
3) Specify reference point -- click to set the reference point for motion
4) Specify target point -- click to set the end point for motion

What I'm saying is that if you hold down shift during 1) and 2) it still goes on to 3). Similarly this command ignores whatever you've selected in the window before you execute it. So you can't, as far as I can tell, select more than one box for stretching. If vertices were selectable you could drag select multiple times to get multiple groups of vertices, edges, curves and hatches to move together.

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”