Compatibility to AutoCAD

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

justinchan
Registered Member

Compatibility to AutoCAD

Post by justinchan » Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm

Hi, finding cost-saving option of AutoCAD and trying QCAD now. So, I have tried to use AutoCAD to open the dwg file created by QCAD and find there is a water mark saying it is created by student version....especially doing print preview in AutoCAD.

If purchase the QCAD Professional, will this keep happening? As we need to send the dwg to someone using AutoCAD to open, it is embarrassing to have this mark if they open in AutoCAD.

Please advise. Thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: Compatibility to AutoCAD

Post by Husky » Thu Aug 15, 2019 6:09 pm

Hi justinchan - welcome to the QCAD forum,
justinchan wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2019 5:48 pm
So, I have tried to use AutoCAD to open the dwg file created by QCAD and find there is a water mark saying it is created by student version....especially doing print preview in AutoCAD.
The water mark is created by AC and not by QCAD neither is it a part of the QCAD created dxf/dwg file.

How to avoid that should be a question for the AC guys :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

riverbuoy

Post by riverbuoy » Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 pm

Hi JustInchan,
justinchan wrote:
So, I have tried to use AutoCAD to open the dwg file created by QCAD and find there is a water mark saying it is created by student version....especially doing print preview in AutoCAD.
It is my belief that the Trial versions of QCAD do indeed insert a watermark into the drawings. Presumably AutoCAD detects this and inserts its own watermark.
justinchan wrote:
If purchase the QCAD Professional, will this keep happening?
No! If you purchase the Pro plug-in there will be no watermarks in your drawings.

Regards

riverbuoy

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:07 am

riverbuoy wrote:
Sun Aug 18, 2019 7:41 pm
It is my belief that the Trial versions of QCAD do indeed insert a watermark into the drawings. Presumably AutoCAD detects this and inserts its own watermark.
This is not correct. The trial version produces identical DXF/DWG files as the full version. Only PDF exports, printouts and bitmaps are watermarked.

The student version issue seems to stem from an OpenDesign Teigha 4.3.1 bug when DWG 2018 is used. This can likely be fixed for the next release when we upgrade Teigha. For now you might want to use a different DXF/DWG file format version than DWG 2018.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”