SVG2DWG

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

bens
Newbie Member

SVG2DWG

Post by bens » Wed Jun 22, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi, I'm new to QCAD but liking what I've seen so far and the following question is the deal breaker for me:

I'm trying to use the terminal to convert an svg to a dwg with the following command:

/Applications/QCAD.app/Contents/Resources/svg2dwg -t DWG R27 Downloads/eas22.svg

but I'm getting these errors:

Warning: RScriptHandlerEcma::eval: script engine exception: "Error: :-1:-1: Wrong number/types of arguments for RDocumentInterface.exportFile().\n<native>(undefined, 'DWG') at -1\nmain() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:70\n<global>() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:78"
Warning: "main() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:70\n<global>() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:78"
Warning: At least one uncaught exception:
Warning: "main() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:70\n<global>() at :scripts/Pro/Tools/Svg2Dwg/Svg2Dwg.js:78"
22:49:50: Debug: "<global>() at 70"

I'm running QCAD version 3.15.3 on a MAC Elcapitan.

I've tried various combinations but end up with pretty much exactly the same errors

I've trawled the internet but cannot find any documentation on the svg2dwg command

Any steer in the right direction would be much appreciated

Cheers

Ben

andrew
Site Admin

Re: SVG2DWG

Post by andrew » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:21 am

bens wrote:/Applications/QCAD.app/Contents/Resources/svg2dwg -t DWG R27 Downloads/eas22.svg
The name of the output file has to be specified for this tool. Also DWG R27 has to be put in quotes since it's one argument but contains a space:

/Applications/QCAD.app/Contents/Resources/svg2dwg -t "DWG R27" -o output.dwg Downloads/eas22.svg

bens
Newbie Member

Re: SVG2DWG

Post by bens » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:43 pm

Hi Andrew...sorry for my tardy reply, I was expecting a notification via email!

Worked an absolute charm so thank you very much for your speedy response.

I shall be purchasing this software

Many thanks again

Ben

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”