Professional Edition Slower than Community?

Do you have a question you want to ask an existing QCAD user about QCAD and what you can do with it? Do you want to know if a particular feature exists? This is the place to ask.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

mcyberey
Registered Member

Professional Edition Slower than Community?

Post by mcyberey » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:46 pm

I have been using the community edition version 2.0.5 on 64bit debian. I was going to purchase the professional edition, so I downloaded the demo. The first thing I noticed is that with more complex cad files, the demo version is significantly slower than the community edition. If I zoom or pan, I have to wait for seconds.

Is the professional edition generally slower than the community edition or is the demo version crippled in terms of speed?

As is, the professional edition is unusable in these situations. My system is running the 2.6.28-7 linux kernel compiled for AMD64, with 8 GB ram, and and an AMD64 quadcore running at 3.5GHz.

Jim.Thompson

Re: Professional Edition Slower than Community?

Post by Jim.Thompson » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:30 am

Why was this important post not answered Andrew?

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Wed Dec 28, 2016 8:55 am

Please note that this post dates back to 2009 and QCAD version 2.

QCAD Professional v3.x and the QCAD Community Edition v3.x use exactly the same technology to render the drawing and the performance is identical. QCAD Professional might take slightly longer to start, especially on older systems since it loads more tools / plugins. On modern systems, starting time should be about 4-8s.

Jim.Thompson

Post by Jim.Thompson » Thu Dec 29, 2016 10:51 pm

Ok. Thanks.

Return to “Pre-sales Questions”