3DCONNEXION spacemouse support

This forum is a place where people can cast their vote for feature requests to be implemented from a selection of the top favorites submitted to the 'Bug tracker':
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/bugtracker/.

Moderators: andrew, Husky, J-J

Lpkkk
Newbie Member

3DCONNEXION spacemouse support

Post by Lpkkk » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:06 am

Hi all,
Is there any chance to see a 3D connexion spacemouse support in QCAD?

CVH
Premier Member

Re: 3DCONNEXION spacemouse support

Post by CVH » Fri Nov 24, 2023 10:24 am

If the mouse behaves in general as a 2D mouse that should be covered.
QCAD is basically 2D, there is no need to navigate in 3D. :wink:

Up to a point QCAD can handle 3D information but most design tools are basically 2D.
QCAD/CAM uses the Z information as depth but you can not visualize this in the GUI.
A 3D mouse would only be useful for the CAM 3D preview but I think that the navigation there is covered by keys.

Regards,
CVH
Last edited by CVH on Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lpkkk
Newbie Member

Post by Lpkkk » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:15 am

I cannot even pan view with my spacemouse. I think it is because as standard to pan view i need to hold middle mouse button.
Zoom works but by tilting spacemouse instead of lifting and droping. Do you think it could be just my settings?

CVH
Premier Member

Post by CVH » Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:42 am

Panning is indeed with holding down the middle mouse button (The wheel) or you could activate the Pan Zoom (ZP)
Zooming is by the mouse wheel or the + and - key or the other zoom methods (ZA-ZS-ZV-ZW)
Lpkkk wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 11:15 am
Do you think it could be just my settings?
There is not much to go on, see menu Edit .. Application Preferences .. Graphics View .. Navigation.

Perhaps you could configure the mouse on OS level to be more useful in 2D applications like a word processor or a spreadsheet.
I read that the device kinda auto detects the application and for sure QCAD is not in that list.
Other solutions are by customized config file ... Contact 3dconnexion or see their forum: https://forum.3dconnexion.com/index.php

Or you need to swap your model for a simple and cheap mouse with a wheel. :wink:

Regards,
CVH

Return to “QCAD Voting Corner”