QCAD 2.2 not answering when opening or saving file

If you are having problems with QCAD 2.1/2.2, post here. Please report bugs here.

Moderator: andrew

bobleelsker
Registered Member

QCAD 2.2 not answering when opening or saving file

Post by bobleelsker » Tue Nov 18, 2008 1:31 pm

Hello.
I have been using QCAD demo for a while with no problems, and purchased it yesterday. Removed the demo, downloaded and installed my copy of the program. I sometimes have problem with opening and saving files. The program locks up, and I have no other options than to close the program, and try again.
I am running Vista ultimate as OS.
There was no problem with opening and saving files in the demo. Anyone come with an idea..

Denis
Registered Member

Re: QCAD 2.2 not answering when opening or saving file

Post by Denis » Sat Mar 07, 2009 5:11 pm

bobleelsker wrote:Hello.
I have been using QCAD demo for a while with no problems, and purchased it yesterday. Removed the demo, downloaded and installed my copy of the program. I sometimes have problem with opening and saving files. The program locks up, and I have no other options than to close the program, and try again.
I am running Vista ultimate as OS.
There was no problem with opening and saving files in the demo. Anyone come with an idea..
Hello,
I have the same problem with Windows XP : no problems with demo, problems for openning files with "professional for windows" version. I found that the problem occurs when I use the left part of the windows : When I select "my computer" and after select "documents and setting/my name". If I select directly "documents and setting/my name" on the left side or no used the left side on the windows, il seams that it runs correctly (I got it this afternoon only, so I haven't lot of feed-back.
I try to reset QCAD like it is written on this forum for quite similar problems, but it change nothing for me.
Bye

douglasw
Newbie Member

Post by douglasw » Thu Apr 09, 2009 5:54 pm

I am having the same exact problem on OS X 10.5.5.

It seems like it is crashing any time it has to access the Finder. Whether I am doing a save, open, save as.., or even opening the html manual through the drop down menu in QCAD.

May it be a problem with the fact that I changed the directory folder where the docs are located?
This is the path:
User/douglasw/documents/QCad/

I have QCAD pro, latest version, and also the extended library installed (which I can access without problem, as the path to it is edited correctly in the QCAD prefs).

Thanks for the help,
Doug

douglasw
Newbie Member

FIXED

Post by douglasw » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:31 pm

To all who are having this problem, maybe you made the same mistake I did when I installed. I separated the QCAD package from the 4 other folders included in the .zip. I placed the package in the apps folder and the other 4 folders in a QCAD directory in my documents folder. I believe this is what caused the problem.
I now have a QCAD directory in my Applications folder with the QCAD package as well as the 4 other folders. It now works fine.

dmorgan
Registered Member

Post by dmorgan » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:05 am

I'm having the same issue with Windows Vista Home Premium. When the save file or open file dialogue is initiated, the window pops up, but it will be blank or, weirdly enough, black. The cursor will do the little processing circle act and nothing will get the program back. I've been able to open up and save items in a very limited fashion after changing permissions on the My Documents and Application Data folders, but I've only got a few successful save/open dialogues out of it before it reverts to brick mode.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled a few times, but this hasn't done anything other than create a few brief stable periods.

I've been really happy with QCAD's basic functionality, but this is a real show-stopper. I'm going to try this with one of our XP computers to see if it's a conflict with Vista.

mk67
Registered Member

Post by mk67 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:06 pm

i got the same thing here, but on linux. So it's not a MS problem.
Lost hard work this that issue.
Note it doesn't make this each time.
:oops:

Gooserider

Post by Gooserider » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:59 am

I am not having a problem on my Gentoo Linux box, I think because I did the correct setup on the file structure...

I have the following tree setup...

/opt
/opt/qcad/
/opt/qcad/qcad-2.2.2.0-1-prof.linux.x86

this contains the directories:
bin doc examples fonts library patterns qm scripts

the executable:
qcad

and the text file:
README

Except for stuff that I've added to the library, the directories are exactly as I got them when I extracted the 2.2.0.1 tar file...

I also made sure that except for saved drawings, I got rid of everything from the community edition.

Don't know if this would help or not, or how it would work on those other operating systems, but I would try to make sure the package was installed as specified in the manual, without trying to move any of the other files around.

Gooserider
beginner

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Troubleshooting and Problems”