[solved] "Quick SVG Export" question

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

Panchdara
Premier Member

[solved] "Quick SVG Export" question

Post by Panchdara » Sun Feb 03, 2019 7:22 pm

Quick question here. I seem to have missed something (I guess).???
I attach a zip file containing 2 files. One containing the original DXF and the second the Quick SVG Export. Am I Missing something? BTW, the diagram is Based on CB600F-6 clutch cable. (almost to scale).
Best
Hugh

ooooops!: Inkscape 0.92.4
Attachments
ClutchCable.zip
(35.46 KiB) Downloaded 341 times
Windows 10

andrew
Site Admin

Re: "Quick SVG Export" question

Post by andrew » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:01 pm

What exactly is the issue? Please be as specific as possible, so we can help efficiently.

If you are not seeing any lines, it's because they are too thin. You can either adjust your lineweights in QCAD or in Inkscape.

Panchdara
Premier Member

Re: "Quick SVG Export" question

Post by Panchdara » Mon Feb 04, 2019 5:32 pm

Sorry Andrew... problem is: Not seeing any details other than a few arrows. Sorry if you could not see what I was obviously referring to. I shall try changing line weights, but I thought the DXF would have been enough for a casual glance to defer to. I tried to present the entire issue, perhaps I did not explain what I had drawn and had experienced?

EDIT: Sorted - all my lineweigths were set to By Layer which are set to Default which, when exported seemed to change to width:0. I changed all lineweights to 0.25(ISO) and then all looked good. Perhaps an option on export to convert Default lineweight? Anyway, now I know. I've always questioned the Default, but perhaps just get off my duff and change Application Preferences for Layer lineweights.... consider solved.
Windows 10

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”