Copy and Paste broken on Linux Mint

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

thehand
Newbie Member

Copy and Paste broken on Linux Mint

Post by thehand » Sat Feb 28, 2015 11:44 pm

I think it was caused by a recent kernel upgrade. I can no longer Copy and Paste parts. Doing so will completely eliminate anything I have drawn and replace it with that part I am pasting. What I have drawn does not dissapear until I save and then try to reopen. Also, pasted images are blown up by several orders of magnitude. I tried upgrading to the latest release of QCAD (3.8.1) but the problem persists. Unfortunately I have already lost a critical drawing that took several days to create, lesson learned on backing up regularly.

Linux Version: Mint 17 Qiana
Kernel: Linux mine 3.13.0-46-generic #76-Ubuntu SMP Thu Feb 26 18:52:13 UTC 2015 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux

andrew
Site Admin

Re: Copy and Paste broken on Linux Mint

Post by andrew » Mon Mar 02, 2015 2:24 pm

Please post your drawing file(s) for testing and include instructions to reproduce.
You might also want to try if you can reproduce this with a simple example (e.g. copy a line from one drawing to another).

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”