no grid

If you are having problems with QCAD, post here. Please report bugs through our Bug Tracker instead.

Always attach your original DXF or DWG file and mentions your QCAD version and the platform you are on.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

unktim

no grid

Post by unktim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:39 pm

Windows vista, qcad 3.6.2

I can't see the grid. I experienced this with 3.6.0. I updated to 3.6.2 and the problem persists. I make sure that the grid button is activated. There is nothing in help but how to turn it on. unktim

Clive

Re: no grid

Post by Clive » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:49 pm

Hi unktim

It's difficult to know what the problem is without sitting beside you to look at your set up ... so a few questions first.

Do you have the same problem on your Ubuntu set up?

Have you carefully checked Application/Drawing preferences for the Grid set up?

What colour background are you using (Model space back ground colour) ?

What happens when you zoom out or in fully?
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

unktim

Post by unktim » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:13 pm

It's difficult to know what the problem is without sitting beside you to look at your set up ... so a few questions first.

Do you have the same problem on your Ubuntu set up? Ans: I have never been able to install qcad or any other downloaded package on ubuntu.. I have tried UBU 12.04, 13.10, and 14.04

Have you carefully checked Application/Drawing preferences for the Grid set up? Ans: Yes

What colour background are you using (Model space back ground colour) ? Ans: White

What happens when you zoom out or in fully? Ans: I zoomed the entire spectrum and got nothing but white.
Clive
P.S. I bought qcad 3.6.0 and for a few days it worked fine, then, no visible grid. when I got notice that 3.6.2 was available I uninstalled 3.6.0 and installed 3.6.2 thinking that would fix it but the problem persists. unktim

J-J

Post by J-J » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:11 am

Hi Unktim,
I bought qcad 3.6.0 and for a few days it worked fine, then, no visible grid. when I got notice that 3.6.2 was available I uninstalled 3.6.0 and installed 3.6.2 thinking that would fix it but the problem persists.
When you perform an install with an update, the old QCAD.ini is used. To get a fresh start, close QCAD, go and rename your "qcad.ini" file to "qcad.old" for example
C:\Users\your_profile\AppData\Roaming\QCAD\qcad.ini
Then restart QCAD, this will reset some of the default parameter (screen will likely have a black background). See what it does, your setup is preserved in the "old" file, and you can always do a line by line comparison with the newly created "ini" file to track possibles clues.
Good luck
JJ Win7 pro-64

unktim

Post by unktim » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:22 pm

Clive,
I received my qcad disc in the mail so I uninstalled everything and installed it from disc. I have my grid back,however I can no longer find the 3.6.2 update.

Clive

Post by Clive » Tue Jul 22, 2014 2:32 pm

Okay, go to main menu > help > Check for QCAD pro updates. You will need to log into your personal customer area and download it.

When you download updates you can save them to a new folder on your desktop.

Let us know how you get on.
For the best support please state your operating system, QCAD version and add any supporting DXF/DWG files, screenshots etc...

unktim

Post by unktim » Wed Jul 23, 2014 1:15 pm

Clive,
I now have v3.6.2 and a grid. thanks for all. unktim

Clive

Post by Clive » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:11 pm

Good, glad you are back on track again. It is worth taking note of J-J's advice, this is the correct way to achieve a good install of an update in QCAD.

Return to “QCAD Troubleshooting and Problems”