two questions.....thanks.

Use this forum to ask questions about how to do things in QCAD.

Moderator: andrew

Forum rules

Always indicate your operating system and QCAD version.

Attach drawing files and screenshots.

Post one question per topic.

tubenirvana
Registered Member

two questions.....thanks.

Post by tubenirvana » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:33 am

I am very new to CAD software, so its all a bit of a struggle right now.
I am trying now draw a simple square or rectangle, and I have disabled 'SNAP TO'.
My rectangle has to be 93mm x 333mm, but I cannot get close to those numbers, it is always either just above or below those numbers. Using the cross hair/cursor, I just cannot seem to get to 93.00 and 333.00.
Also, is there a way to change the dimensions of a square once it is drawn, so say it is 93 x 333, and I want to change it to say 90x300, is there a quick way to enter the dimensions to change the dimensions, thanks.

Husky
Moderator/Drawing Help/Testing

Re: two questions.....thanks.

Post by Husky » Sat Oct 22, 2016 3:06 am

tubenirvana wrote:My rectangle has to be 93mm x 333mm, but I cannot get close to those numbers, it is always either just above or below those numbers. Using the cross hair/cursor, I just cannot seem to get to 93.00 and 333.00.
For a task like that you could use the "Rectangle with size" tool. One of multiple ways to launch that tool is in the Menu where it is located below: Draw / Shape / Rectangle with Size
Husky-2016.10.21-01.png
Husky-2016.10.21-01.png (24.91 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
Husky-2016.10.21-03.png
Husky-2016.10.21-03.png (4.31 KiB) Viewed 2321 times
tubenirvana wrote:Also, is there a way to change the dimensions of a square once it is drawn, so say it is 93 x 333, and I want to change it to say 90x300, is there a quick way to enter the dimensions to change the dimensions, thanks.
Unfortunately no. You can change lines, circles etc with entering a different values (Property Editor) but not a rectangle. On the other hand - you can change everything ..... but it is always a question what is less work. Changing or redrawing. In this case I would advise to redraw the rectangle and replace the unwanted one.
If it makes more sense to change a shape then you could scale it, stretch it etc etc.

Interesting that you work in mm (metric) .... :wink:
Work smart, not hard: QCad Pro
Win10/64, QcadPro, QcadCam version: Current.
If a thread is considered as "solved" please change the title of the first post to "[solved] Title..."

Return to “QCAD 'How Do I' Questions”