New Feature

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

DougDB
Newbie Member

New Feature

Post by DougDB » Tue Mar 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Would it be possible to add a new symbol in the "Insert Symbol" section of the "Text" Tool. I draw plot maps for every job and have to insert text that shows the degrees of arc for a given curved property line. The official property maps from the county show a small triangle with the degrees of arc listed. I must include that information as well as the length in feet and radius of the line in feet. The symbol used for arc is a small right triangle scaled to the text. I currently have to draw it separately and insert it next to the text just prior to the '= x (degree symbol) xx'yy" '.

I researched this forum, but found no other subjects that matched, so, sorry if this is a repeat from someone else.

Currently using new 2.2.2.0-1 version and awaiting arrival of the book ordered with it.

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:49 pm

Since you seem to be using that symbol a lot, you might want to extend the font "standard" yourself rather than waiting for an update.

- Open the font file in QCAD (type: 'Font *.cxf', location: QCAD directory/fonts).
- add a block with name "[UUUU]" where UUUU is the hexadecimal Unicode for the character you want to add (e.g. "[02BB]")
- Edit the block to contain the glyph for that particular character. The height of a capital 'A' is 9 units, 0/0 of the block is at the lower left edge of the glyph.
- If you restart QCAD, you can start using your new glyph

You might want to consult the Unicode character definitions to find out the right Unicode for a small triangle: www.unicode.org

paulfinn31
Registered Member

Post by paulfinn31 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:37 am

It would be nice to see updates. but thank you andrew this is very helpful.

Paul Finn
Strandkorb

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”