dimensions and drg merge

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

merryjohn
Newbie Member

dimensions and drg merge

Post by merryjohn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:12 am

First of all it is really good to have a 2d cad programme running on Linux
I have a problem with dimensions. in that there is no control(as far as I can see),whilst placing a dimension on the arrow position (inside or outside) or on the label position. This is enough to stop me using the program for complex mechanical parts.

Is it possible to merge drawings, without using blocks?

andrew
Site Admin

Re: dimensions and drg merge

Post by andrew » Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:30 am

merryjohn wrote:First of all it is really good to have a 2d cad programme running on Linux
I have a problem with dimensions. in that there is no control(as far as I can see),whilst placing a dimension on the arrow position (inside or outside) or on the label position. This is enough to stop me using the program for complex mechanical parts.
Please explain what you mean by "placing a dimension on the arrow position or on the label position".
merryjohn wrote: Is it possible to merge drawings, without using blocks?
http://www.ribbonsoft.com/qcad_doc_faq.html#6

merryjohn
Newbie Member

Post by merryjohn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:06 pm

Hi
Thanks for the prompt reply, I hope the following will help explain my original message.

When a dimension line with its label is about to be placed the only control one seems to have is how far the dimension line is from the entity being dimensioned.
I am saying that for the dimensioning facility to be usable with drawings of mechanical parts which often involves many dimensions in a small space it would be good , at the above stage of placing a dimension to be able to :-
toggle the arrows in side to outside and loose the dimension line between the arrows when they are outside.
move the label from the centre of the dimension line to any other position in line with the dimension line.

Another desirable for dimensions is to have the option of the label being in the dimension line rather than above it, ie having the dimension line broken.

Thanks again

John harbidge

andrew
Site Admin

Post by andrew » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:11 pm

merryjohn wrote: toggle the arrows in side to outside
Arrows are flipped to the outside by QCad automatically if the label is too large to fit. Manual override is not possible at this point.
merryjohn wrote: loose the dimension line between the arrows when they are outside.
This is currently not possible.
merryjohn wrote: move the label from the centre of the dimension line to any other position in line with the dimension line.
You can move the label to any position: select the dimension, drag and drop the small blue spot at the center of the label.
merryjohn wrote: Another desirable for dimensions is to have the option of the label being in the dimension line rather than above it, ie having the dimension line broken.
That's also not possible with QCad.

merryjohn
Newbie Member

Post by merryjohn » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:23 pm

Hi

Again thank you for a prompt reply but after a couple of exciting days I go back to DOS and windows. I will though keep a close eye on Qcad.

Merryjohn

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”