drawing details, scaling

Please use this forum to post feedback and suggestions related to QCAD Professional.

Moderator: andrew

michel

drawing details, scaling

Post by michel » Wed May 07, 2008 8:47 am

Hello Andrew,

When drawing you often need to draw a detail of a piece with another scale. Could you imagine a tool with which you define an area in which all dimensions (except angles) are multiplied or divided by the scale factor.

Michel

ttrw

Post by ttrw » Mon May 19, 2008 8:41 pm

Hi again Michel :)

Sounds like you either need to do the maths, or get a decent architectural calculator, like this one;

http://www.cast-db.com/archCalc/

(Sorry no Linux version :( )

Tom
Macbook Pro 2.14gHz 10.5.5 (UNIX!)

michel

Post by michel » Wed May 21, 2008 6:05 am

Hello ttrw,

Thank you for your reply, the calculator is cool.

What I meant with my proposal is the following idea:

You draw a mecanical piece with the original dimensions (1:1). You use the dimensions and the measures represented are correct.
Now your mecanical piece is a little bit complicated an you want to show a detail or part of your drawing in another scale, let's say you copy a part, enlarge it by factor 4. So far there is still no problem.
As soon as you want to represent the mesures by dimensioning, this part all the values are wrong because they are multiplied by four, of course for the system there is no problem because it doesn't know that you only want to show a detail in another scale BUT with the original measures.
Actually I see no other solution as to manually edit all values and correct them.

Michel

Return to “QCAD 2.1/2.2 Suggestions and Feedback”